Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 2

Well, we have all survived another night and are enjoying another day with Brett. Mom Stetler stayed at the hospital, and I went home to sleep. Merrilee wanted me to go home and sleep so that I would be able to feel human again and be able to help her today. When I got home, I discovered that my neighbor Mike had mowed our entire yard. I about cried. I had been thinking how it needed done, and didn't know when I could get to it. You can't buy neighbors like that. Mike and Andrea are having their first child and are due in 5 weeks. So, I will happily return the favor when the time comes.

Yesterday, we were happy to have the following visitors: Missy and Gerald Miller, Mark and Deborah Blowers, and Ken, Carol, Erica and Christopher LeFever. It was so nice to see them all and to have Brett meet them.

Sherilyn and Andy drove through the night from Indiana, and crept into the house at 2:18am to sleep and then come see Brett.

Brett is eating like a trooper. He has presented us with 4 very productive diapers :-) As big as he is, I'm sure he'll be out of newborn diapers before we get through the supply that we have waiting at hime. They will be sending Merrilee home on Sunday, so we have that to look forward to. She can't wait to get home and sleep in her own bed...she has not slept well here (about 2 3/4 hours last night).

I asked Merrilee if she had a message for all of you, and she said to tell you, "I love being a momma. It's better than anything I imagined it would be."

6 comments:

sankey family said...

How precious! I feel the same way.
Love you, Merrilee!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy that everything went so well. Our prayers are with you. Blessings from the Underwood family.

Kara Plank said...

I am so happy for you! I knew Merrilee growing up, and it is so wonderful to see her as a proud Mamma! Brett is so cute. What a big boy!

Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! Love the hair! What a sweet boy!

Missy said...

Glad to hear that everyone is doing great. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Love to all...

Beth Stetler said...

Brant - Thanks for your faithful "blogging." We are faithfully checking to find out all the latest news. :-)